Mortgage loans at 30-year, fixed interest rates and down payment and/or closing cost assistance. Offered by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and available statewide through a network of participating lenders. TDHCA is a nonprofit organization created at the direction of the Texas Legislature to serve as a self-sustaining, statewide affordable housing provider. The mission of TDHCA is to help homeowners sustain homeownership and improve their financial situation while achieving the American dream of homeownership.
- Available to first time homebuyers, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans
- Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance up to 5% of the loan amount
- Available to qualified home buyers from all professions
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Government Loans (FHA, VA, USDA) and Conventional (FNMA HFA Preferred) loan products
- Option for dollar-for-dollar reduction on federal tax liability through the Department’s Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program*
* Available to first time homebuyers only. Buyers can maximize their benefits when they combine a Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate with a mortgage loan.
- First time homebuyer, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Other requirements may apply
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: