The 5 Star Texas Advantage Program which provides down payment and closing cost assistance to eligible home buyers in the form of a Grant up to 5% of the total loan amount of their home. Grants are provided for Conventional loans with no repayment or recapture. Assistance for Government loans is provided as a Community Second and is completely forgive after 3 years. The program provides a 30 year fixed rate mortgage. Mortgage options are FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional.
Financial assistance is provided by SETH Southeast Texas Housing Finance Corporation. The public purpose of Southeast Texas Housing Finance Corporation is to create and promote affordable housing opportunities for the citizens of Texas and it’s subscribing governmental jurisdictions. The primary business activity of Southeast Texas Housing Finance Corporation is to issue tax-exempt single-family mortgage revenue bonds.
- Available to qualified home buyers from all professions
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders*
- Down Payment Assistance in the form of a 3-year forgivable 2nd mortgage
- No First Time Homebuyer Requirement
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- Other requirements may apply
- Minimum FICO Score of 640
- Maximum Sales Price: $484,350
- Mortgage for the purchase of an Owner occupied, Primary Residence
* Excludes Travis County and the cities of El Paso and Grand Prairie
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a participating lender: